The seventeenth century temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath nestles on a small hillock at Jagannathpur. Located near HEC, Dhurwa, on the South-West of the capital city, it is 11 kms from the railway station and 6 kms from the airport. The 100 feet tall temple was built by Thakur Aninath Shahdeo, in 1691 AD. The temple’s architectural style is reminiscent of its counterpart at Puri. It draws lakhs of devotees every year, especially on the occasion of car festival or Rath Yatra, in the month of June/July.
The temple also has a large hall in its complex, where thousands of marriages are solemnized every year.
It can be reached through various means of locally available transport and light vehicles.
The age old Pahari Mandir that turns half kilometre within from the Ratu Ro ...Read More
Sai TempleRead More
A temple of Solha Bhuji Goddess Durga, it is located on the right side of T ...Read More
The elegant temple of the Sun God, is 40 kms away from the railway station ...Read More